Saturday, July 08, 2006

Fourty dollars or four?

I drug Heather to a local scooter shop today (www.atomicbrownscootershop.com) to test drive some bikes. I've been toying with the idea of getting one to drive to and from work. But Heather has been worried about the safety of them. So I thought that she should just try one out herself. She looked good on it, but it will take her awhile to get used to it.

With rising gas prices, a car with no A/C and 100 degree weather…I'm thinking that we can't really go wrong with one of these. We both drove the Retro150 (powder blue)…very gay, which has an automatic transmission and gets up to 65 mph at around 75-85 mpg. Then I drove the Bajaj Chetak, which has a manual transmission and gets closer to 90-110 mpg. It was jade green…very un-gay. Although that seems like the more obvious pick of the two, the cost is more and I feel that a manual transmission would just be one added thing that I'd have to worry about while driving.

Now back to the question at hand. Would I rather pay $40 at the pump or $4? It'll practically pay for itself in saved gas money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home