Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Me & my 6 year old son


In my profession, we are often required to search out stock photography to fill a certain element of our client's communication piece. Today was one of these days and for this particular piece, we were simply searching for photos to trace in Adobe Illustrator. My description in the search engine was titled, "child and parent." And as usual, this site gave me an array of great, decent and just plain bad photos that matched the descriptor. Some are cheesy, some are good. It seems that the big fad these days is to portray and active subject whose color is desaturated, lacking at lease two of the four process colors and to top that, such high contrast that the already too white whites are blown out, seeming to be one with the sun. This is beside the point. In my search I stumbled on this littel gem, which led me to believe that there must be someone small enough to fit in the back of my toilet with a teeny, tiny camera. Or, what I just said, only in someone else's bathroom taking candid shots of me and my six year old son while we brush our teeth, and who knows what else. Or, this is my identical twin who has a six year old son…because I don't think I have one of those.

At any rate, I saw this and freaked out a little. Does it look exactly like me or am I crazy? I've only experienced this one other time. I was at Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast and I saw an overly tattood fellow who looked identical to me. Even those who I was with looked at him, then me, then him, then me.

I'm not crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yo-Mo-Fo said...

What...does a comment such as "doesn't this picture look like me?" work anymore. No. You have to go on, making no sense, whatsoever! And to top the frosting on the cake (it's an expression) you had at least 3 different typos that now questions you're intellect once again...I love you bro

1:49 PM  
Blogger jake and erin said...

You know who else lacks two of the four processing colors.......

I linked you on my blog so I can be culturally relevant to hip artsy fartsy types.... you are my gateway.

that picture really does freak me out......

9:05 PM  
Blogger CCR said...

Stop playing games & admit the truth: that's a legitimate photo of you & one of your many bastard-children from your previous secret life in Colorado City.

ps - I am not far from you at this very moment (creepy? Maybe, but all too true).

11:17 AM  
Blogger The Hill Family said...

Hi Jesse and Heather! This is Jen and Billy Hill!! I found a card with Corey and Jenni's blogsite address, which led me to Clint's which led me to yours. Looks like ya'll are doing well and your daughter is adorable!!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home